- These courses are designed to enable healthcare professionals to communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking patients and co-workers.
- Exploration of realistic situations and specialized vocabulary focused on helping professionals communicate important information to patients and understand key ideas patients often communicate to the professional.
- Classes may be specialized for the particular type of health care practice.
Role-plays, personalized questions, grammar exercises, translation and interpretation tasks are a common practice.
- Students often include nurse practitioners, ER personnel, family practitioners, hospital administrators and medical assistants and therapists.
- Acquire proficiency in speaking and writing in the Spanish language
- Help bilingual and Spanish-speaking clients
- Immigration, labor and business law lawyers, among others, benefit greatly from learning the Spanish language
- Our programs are flexible and taught at any time of day. Our lessons fit into your busy work schedule
Spanish for General Business
- Key vocabulary and grammatical structures are taught to employees in various corporate settings that communicate with Spanish speakers.
- Courses are geared towards helping communication with customers and co-workers.
- Courses are focused on the types of vocabulary and conversational skills required for that particular field.
- Often used in industries with international customer or client base, such as banks, insurance brokerages, real estate agents and sales and marketing.
Film and Television Professionals
- For those traveling to a Spanish speaking location
- To communicate with Spanish speakers during production of a film or television series
- Lessons customized for above-the-line talent, including news correspondents, behind-the-scenes talent, on-set equipment operators, drivers, craft services, etc.
Hospitality, Restaurant and Food Service Professionals
- Designed for an industry with both Spanish speaking employees and customers.
- Students often include restaurant and hotel managers, guest service employees, wait staff and hostesses.
- Develops language skills used for interviewing applicants, job commands, safety, restaurant equipment, meal and beverage among other topics.
- Engage in short conversations and become confident and more effectively service oriented
Additional Markets We Can Serve
- Businesses (retail and wholesale)
- Corporations (domestic and global)
- Departments of State
- Diplomatic Corps
- Film Production Companies
- Foreign Aid Agencies
- Government Aid Agencies
- Healthcare Providers
- Music producers
- News Agencies
- Professional Services providers
- Radio Broadcasters
- Religious Institutions
- Reporters and Journalists
- Television Production Companies.